Reports To: President/CEO
Welcomes members and non-members in a friendly and helpful manner that promotes financial education while using expert knowledge in deposit, loan, and convenience products and services. Process a variety of financial inquiries, account openings, service requests, transactions, and loans efficiently. Secures credit union assets, balances transactions, and completes necessary reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides friendly, helpful service that promotes financial discipline through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized work area.
- Maintaining knowledge of OMFCU products and services.
- Proactively greeting members with a smile, introductions, and full attention.
- Taking responsibility for waiting members.
- Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
- Processing transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Following up with members to ensure satisfaction.
- Fulfills member service requests including account maintenance, research, reconciliation, and correction.
- Secures the credit union’s assets by handling cash and negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Performs teller duties.
- Performs collection duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including filling in for other departments as member demand necessitates.
- Actively works to insure credit union compliance with OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and U.S.A. Patriot Act.
- Follows all credit union policies and procedures.
- Attend regular training as required.
- Ensures the timely opening and close of the credit union daily.
- Maintains a professional work area.
- Accurately completes and submits time sheets and time off requests.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Understanding of teller/member service representative functions.
- Knowledge of loan officer duties.
Certificates / Licenses Required:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Two years teller experience
- Two years lending experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.
- Collaboration - Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback; communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
- Effective Communication - Utilized a variety of communication modalities effectively and appropriately across multiple channels.
- Functional Expertise - Possesses a sufficient level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development activities.
- Member Focus – Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external members which result in member satisfaction with both the process and the outcome.
- Resilient – Maintains composure under pressure; handles difficult situations effectively, maintains a positive attitude despite adversity; uses adversity as a learning opportunity.
- Self-Motivated – Proactively takes the initiative to accomplish necessary tasks and seize new and at times, challenging opportunities.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills are required to effectively interact with members regarding financial transactions which may involve problem resolution and offer educational information regarding products and services.Ability to work with confidential information and maintaining confidentiality at all times.Ability to create an atmosphere which promotes OMFCU’s Core Values by maintaining a high level of personal integrity, presenting a friendly, enthusiastic, and professional demeanor while providing outstanding service to members and fostering teamwork among employees.
- Good listener, empathy, positive attitude, and teamwork are required.
- Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with a moderate to high level of noise.
- Understands that there is exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Must be able to perform job functions either independently or under supervision and work effectively on own.
- Must be able to plan their own work activities as well as take direction.
- Must be able to read and carry out various complicated written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy.
- Must be able to perform professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be ale to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.